- What APIs are available?
- How do I register for access to use the APIs?
- Are the APIs secure?
- What can be done in the sandbox?
- How can I get access to the sandbox?
- Can I re-use the same application across AIB, Allied Irish Bank (GB), First Trust Bank and EBS?
- Where can I find information about the changes for customers due to the introduction of new SCA methods?
- What type of certificate do I need to access production APIs?
- Where can I find information about the Fallback Mechanism?
- How do I report a bug?
- Want to learn more about Allied Irish Bank?
- Further questions?
The following APIs are available:
- Accounts APIs
- Payments APIs
- Credit Cards
- Confirmation of Funds
Further information regarding our APIs can be found on the ‘API Products and Benefits’ page.
Our sandbox provides an opportunity for developers to test their app before building in production. The sandbox is a safe, secure environment where you can test your apps functionality and test our API integrations with your apps.
No, you cannot re-use the same application across AIB Group. You will need to log in separately and add a new application in each developer portal.
1. eIDAS QWAC. This is the certificate to use in the MATLS network level connection at runtime.
2. A recognised certificate capable of creating a digital signature. The digital signature is required during the OIDC client authentication using the private_key_jwt client authentication method. This certificate can be an eIDAS QSealC or a certificate signed by a recognised public Certificate Authority.
The Fallback Mechanism can be used if the API Channel or certain API functionality is unavailable.
The Fallback provides TPPs with ability to identify themselves to the bank, an eIDAS certificate is required to access the Fallback Mechanism. The Fallback Mechanism effectively provides access to the PSU’s direct interface. Access to this mechanism is by way of unique URL.
As part of authentication journey where the TPP is using the Fallback, the customer will also need to complete the Multi Factor Authentication process as part of entering their banking credentials to complete the flow.
For information on how to access the Fallback Mechanism please contact us on email@example.com