1. Register for access
2. Create and test your app
3. Call our production APIs
To register for access to our Developer Portal click 'Register' at the top of the screen and complete the form to create an account.
You will then receive an email to the address provided with an activation link.
Once activated you will be able to log in, view documentation and add your app to the test environment.
Our sandbox environment enables you to test our API integrations with your apps before you go live with your app.
To access the sandbox simply follow the steps below:
- Register and log in to the Developer Portal.
- Once logged in click on the 'My Apps' section on the main menu.
- Click on 'Add a New App'.
- You will be required to complete a form to create a new app and will need to enter the name of your app, details of your software statement and provide any other mandatory details on this form.
- Once the form has been filled out, click the 'Create App' button to complete registration of your app. This will enable app approval.
- You will then receive your client credentials.
- Your newly created apps will appear under the 'My Apps' section.
Now you can view the relevant documentation choose an API and start testing.
Find out more about using the Sandbox.
Prerequisites to access our production APIs
To access our production APIs you must have the required regulatory authorisation.
You will need to obtain a valid eIDAS certificate from a registered qualified trust service provider (QTSP) that meets the PSD2 ETSI Profile. Please note that for the purpose of identification and secure communication AIB supports the following options:
a) Parallel use of QWACs and Qseals,
b) Use of QWACs with an additional element (this may be eIDAS QSealC or a digital certificate issued by a trusted Certificate Authority).
Once you have obtained your eIDAS certificate, you can then add an app on our developer portal by carrying out the following steps:
- Register for access to our Developer Portal.
- Once registered, log in and click on the 'My Apps' section on the main menu.
- Click on 'Add a New App'.
- Complete the form to create a new app, entering the requested details about your application. You will need to host a JWKS file detailing your certificate which will be used to connect with AIB. Our API Gateway must be able to reach this JWKS endpoint without security challenge, apart from SSL. This should be a simple GET to the URL where the JWKS is hosted. JWKS should be reachable with any internet browser.
- Once the form has been populated, click the 'Create App' button to complete registration of your app. The app approval process will then commence.
- Once your app has been approved, you will be provided with client credentials and will be ready to call our APIs in a live environment.